Effective Date: 07/22/2019
- GOODS: “Goods” means any goods that we make available for sale on the Website.
- PERSONAL DATA: “Personal Data” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Website which is capable of identifying you in any manner.
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Website.
Depending on how you use our Website, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
Registered users: You, as a user of the Website, may be asked to register in order to use the Website or to purchase the Goods available for sale.
During the process of your registration, we will collect some of the following Personal Data from you through your voluntary disclosure, such as: Name, Email address, Shipping and/or Billing Address, Telephone Number.
Personal Data may be asked for in relation to:
- Interaction with our representatives in any way;
- Making purchases;
- Receiving notifications by text message or email for marketing purposes;
- Receiving general emails from us; and/or
- Commenting on our content or other user-generated content on our Website, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, or other similar features.
- Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Website and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- All users: The Passive Data Collection which applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Website.
- Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the goods on the Website, you will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information may be stored, but will be used exclusively to assist you with making future purchases with us.
- Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Website, and the Goods we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- Content Interaction: Our Website may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs or multimedia posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
- Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Website for your and other consumers’ use. We may also share such aggregated information with others, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any Personal Data.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site. You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site. Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Website. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described. Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don't have to log in each time - whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for users. Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information on user behavior on our Website. This takes place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user's browser. When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookie through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Website. For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using.
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Website also makes use of log files which store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
- internet protocol (IP) address
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Website;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Company.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Website or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Website and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Company.8. THIRD PARTIES.
We may utilize third party service providers (“Third-Party Service Providers”), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Website, and to help serve you.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Website. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Website.
Your Personal Data will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Website, such as hosting the Website, designing and/or operating the Website’s features, analyzing users' interactions with the Website, enabling us to send you e-mail, or performing other administrative services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including personal information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
- We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Klavivo to personalize your email, web and advertising experience – you can read more about how Klavivo uses your Personal Data here: https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy.
- We use Google to advertise our products to users through the paid search, shopping and display media services offered by Google – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us
- We use Bing to to advertise our products to users through the paid search and shopping services offered by Bing – you can read more about how Bing uses your Personal Data here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Website -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Linkedin to advertise our products to users through the paid social advertising services offered by these companies. You can read more about how these companies use your Personal Data here:
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.”
We do not collect information related to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, sex life or sexual orientation, unless we are required to do so by law.9. HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED.
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destructions.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously and take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancellation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.10. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Website and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Website.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- Improving your personal user experience;
- Communicating with you about your user account with us;
- Marketing and advertising to you, including via email;
- Fulfilling your purchases;
- Providing customer service to you; and/or
- Advising you about updates to the Website or related Items
We also use other methods of automatic collection to determine information about visitors to our website, including the IP address, browser, language preferences, and computer identification numbers. We use the information obtained using these tools to provide better customer service, enhance our product offerings, and detect potential misuse or fraud. To opt out of any such data collection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA.
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations;
- To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies;
- As may be necessary for the operation of our Website;
- To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users; and/or
- If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Website or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules.
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Website such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Website or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Website in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered spam, as that term is legally defined.13. MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION.
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account settings page.14. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK.
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Data
- The right to have access to your Personal Data
- The right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
- The right to portability of your Personal Data
- The right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
- The right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
- The right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
- The right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
We will maintain your Personal Data for our records until you request us to delete the data or for no longer than it is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was processed.Questions? Please Contact Us